MCA Membership Benefits
Companies involved in MCA gain tremendous benefits from the variety of MCA activities that focus primarily on technical materials, research, testing, and marketing initiatives. These include:
- MCA Councils and Committees that develop technical information, manage external industry research, and create marketing initiatives.
- Producing and distributing technical materials that help educate architects, contractors, engineers, installers and building owners
- Monitoring and responding to critical regulatory issues and building code forums.
- Engaging in industry-sponsored research on product performance and market trends.
- Expanding metal’s presence in major markets by supporting marketing initiatives such as the Metal Roofing Alliance and The Metal Initiative.
- Enhancing metal’s presence in green building activities.
- Developing programs that certify roofing products and MCM fabricators.
- Sponsoring and exhibiting at METALCON International, the only annual international conference and exposition focused entirely on the use of metal in construction.
- Allowing members to use MCA’s Registered Provider status to qualify individual presentations for AIA/CES programs -- a value of nearly $3,000 for members.
- Consistently communicating updates on industry issues electronically, in print and at national meetings.
- Offering access to experts on key topics through Webinars, at special MCA sessions as needed, and at MCA’s Annual and Semi-Annual meetings.
- Offering discounted exhibit fees for MCA members at METALCON International and the International Roofing Expo.
- Participating in industry initiatives and associations, such as the AIA, AISI, Cool Metal Roofing Coalition, MBMA, NCCA, NFBA, NRCA, RICOWI, SFA, and the USGBC.
- Supporting industry-sponsored advertising in print and online publications.
- Offering opportunities for member visibility through MCA materials, a membership directory, design award programs, and MCA’s Web site.
- Creating opportunities for members to network with potential customers, industry suppliers, contractors, engineers, consultants and media at MCA events.
- Having a Members Only section on the MCA Web site that offers members full access to up-to-date reports on code work, technical bulletins, newsletters, audit reports, council and committee minutes, details of presentations made at MCA national meetings, and an online MCA membership directory.