Moderated by Heidi Ellsworth, Roofers Coffee Shop
Tiffany Hutcheson, Sales and Customer Service Manager, Brightsmith Coaters
Sonya Malik, President, Association of Women in Metal
Minnie Robles, Product Representative, ATAS International
Troy Simms, General Manger, Atlantic Recycling Group
Study after study has concluded that there is a clear link between workplace diversity, increased productivity, and the bottom line. In fact, according to a study by Forbes, companies with a diverse workforce produce 19% more in earnings than their less diverse counterparts. You need talented workers now more than ever. So why, at a time when the skilled labor shortage is hitting the construction particularly hard, do woman make up just 9% of the US construction industry workforce? Can you afford not to diversify your workforce? Join us for this discussion on a subject that profoundly impacts our industry; the challenges, benefits, rewards, and strategies associated with recruiting and retaining top talent in today’s market.
Topics of discussion will include:
- Why diversity is important to the success of your organization
- Recruitment and retention strategies
- Challenges and solutions for women working in a male-dominated industry
- Creating strong, long-lasting and supportive networks
- How workforces have had to adapt since COVID-19
- Advocates and allies - fostering an inclusive work environment
Who should attend: Business owners, employers, managers and their workforce should tune into this important discussion.