Continuing Education Course
NEW! Individual Parts Bring a Greater Whole -- A primer on MCM
MCM has transformed modern architecture. Building owners and architects wanting to make a design statement can look to the current generation of MCM for a wide range of interior and exterior options. The smooth, sleek material can be bent, curved, and joined in various shapes and configurations, and the panels keep their luster for years with minimal maintenance. MCM turns buildings into timeless works of art.
- Explain what a metal composite material (MCM) is and how it is produced.
- Review the available options for MCM skins, including finishes, materials, and specifications, and how these aesthetic options can elevate occupant experience.
- Discuss how MCM skins promote sustainability and practicability of the structure through its life cycle, shielding it from everyday wear and leading to enhanced building durability and health.
- Describe the attributes of MCM core material and how these benefit occupants and create a safer structure during fires.
- Debate the benefits MCM provides, including those related to environmental concerns, efficiency, and economy. Demonstrate how MCM, as a designed material bolsters structural lifespan, green goals, and the well-being of users.
- 1 AIA LU/HSW